Leadership - Involvement in the Sector
High Quality Translation and Interpretation Services
Multi-Languages is at the forefront of the language sector and constantly engaged in the growth of the Translation and Interpreting industry.
Multi-Languages Director, Lola Bendana, has been involved in the translation and interpreting industry for over 29 years. Lola has been an active member in leadership capacities in the different initiatives to create national and international standards and raise the bar for both translation and interpreting. She has been a key player in the professionalization process. Multi-Languages offers unique added value coaching services to its clients.
- Board Member and AILIA Liaison with the OCCI – AILIA (Language Industry Association of Canada)
- President – Ontario Council on Community Interpreting – OCCI
- Member – CAC (Canadian Advisory Committee) to ISO (International Standardization Organization) TC37 SC5 – Working group responsible for the development of international standards for translation and interpreting processes
- Member – AILIA Committee on Translation Standards
- President – AILIA (Language Industry Association of Canada)
- President – IMIA (International Medical Interpreters Association)
- Vice-President – AILIA (Language Industry Association of Canada)
- Expert Member – Canadian General Standards Board Technical Committee that reaffirmed the Canadian National Standards for Translation Services CAN CGSB 131.10-2017
- Chair – AILIA – Translation Committee
- Member of the Board of Directors – TermNet – International Network for Terminology
- Expert Member – Canadian General Standards Board Technical Committee that created the Canadian National Standards for Translation Services CAN CGSB 131.10-2008
Member – AILIA (Language Industry Association of Canada) – Interpreting Committee
- Member – ASTM Committee F 43 (Language Services)
- Member – FIT North America
- Member – Canadian Coalition on Community Interpreting – CCCI
- Board of Directors – HIN (Healthcare Interpretation Network)
- Chair – HIN (Healthcare Interpretation Network) – Policy Committee
- Chair – AILIA (Language Industry Association of Canada) – Communication Committee
- Co-Chair – Multilingual Database Terminology Committee
- Project Lead – Creation of the Canadian National Standard Guide for Community Interpreting Services NSGCIS
- Canada Representative – IMIA (International Medical Interpreters Association)
- Advisory Committee – Language Interpretation Training Curriculum (LITP)
- Organizer – ACCTI Roundtable Discussions on Community Interpreting
- Member – Ontario Ministry of Citizenship and Immigration – MCI/ College Connect – Curriculum Advisory Committee
- Member – Critical Link Canada Standards of Practice and Training Committee
- Member – HIN (Healthcare Interpretation Network) – Education Committee (Interpreting Training)
First Certified KUDO Partner in Canada
We are very proud to announce we just received our Certification as a KUDO Partner. We now have the very first KUDO Studio in Canada. KUDO is a powerful cloud-based platform that allows people and businesses to collaborate and meet more effectively across geographic and language barriers. KUDO streams real-time language interpretation for web meetings and live conferences.We appreciate working with the KUDO team. Their professionalism, expertise in simultaneous interpreting and innovative technologies make them #1.
Multi-Languages Corporation is the selected as exclusive Translation Service Provider for KONTAX in Canada
Kontax is a global press release service with no equivalent anywhere in the world, available in more than 181 countries and their respective languages. Kontax allows corporate and institutional customers in every country to publish free of charge an unlimited number of multimedia press releases in the language of their choice, and to obtain professional translations of their press releases in any other language.
Users have direct contact with Kontax partner translation companies most of which have ISO 9001 or equivalent certification, and all of which apply ISO 17100 quality assurance procedures appointed in each country to ensure translated press releases are optimized in terms of cost and quality. Distributed to journalists and social media all around the world, optimized for search engines in every country, Kontax means users can promote their products, sell their services, pick their partners, and monitor their markets worldwide.