Benefits of Exercise
Our bodies are constantly working to keep us healthy so we can function at an optimal level. Our role in keeping our bodies in top shape is built on two things – our nutrition and our physical activity. Both are necessary in leading a healthy lifestyle. We’ve talked a lot about nutrition in past newsletters so now it’s time to cover the other piece to the puzzle – physical fitness.
– Maintains your weight and can promote weight loss.
– Prevents heart disease and keeps your heart pumping optimally.
– It improves your mood and can instantly make you feel better.
– Boosts your energy levels. Feeling tired? Workout!
– It gives you great skin!
– Helps you sleep better at night and makes you wake up feeling well rested.
– Greatly reduces stress and anxiety in your life.
– Releases natural endorphins in the brain which make you feel great.
– Combats negative emotions such as anger, frustration, and depression.
– You are less likely to have muscle injury.
A suggested amount of physical activity 3 20-minute sessions a week. Get active and take one step closer to a healthier lifestyle.