Language Services Coaching: Translation - Interpretation
High Quality Translation and Interpretation Services
We go above and beyond with our Translation and Interpreting Coaching & Consulting Services
Multi-Languages Corporation is going the extra mile with its Translation Coaching & Consulting Sessions and is proud to offer a unique value added service. We provide consulting on topics such as translation, interpretation, standards, language policy, time mastery, accessibility, procurement and overall business coaching. It is advisable to do the sessions in person; however, we can offer Translation Coaching & Consulting sessions over the phone. Multi-Languages is more than just a translation agency; it is a partner in the success of its clients.
Why Coaching & Consulting for Translation?
Have you ever been frustrated at any stage of your translation project? Especially when working with languages you don’t understand? Translation, revision, editing, proofreading, design, DTP, or printing? Aren’t they all the same? What do I need to know? How do I need to be involved?
We are willing to go above and beyond our call of duty to support you!
We are committed to the provision of high quality translation services, the FREE Translation Coaching sessions are customized to our client’s needs and wants. We are committed to assist our clients to achieve a smooth and successful translation project every time.
The Coaching & Consulting sessions include a copy of the book “Almost Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Translation” by Lola Bendana and Alan Melby and/or any other material that may be required. Translation Coaching Sessions can be one on one or offered to a group within your organization.
Translation Project Planning Stages
- How to include the translation as an element of the project instead of at the end of production
- Cost anticipation, budgeting
- Risk and Liability
- How to save money while providing quality services?
- Documentation preparation for submission
- Background information: previous translations, glossaries, terminology databases, etc.
- How to handle illustrations within the source text
- Identifying type of service required: translation, revision, proofreading, adaptation, DTP, localization, etc.
- Timelines: assist with the creation of realistic deadlines
- Communication within the team
- How to write with the translation in mind. A good source text (well written, legible) is the first step for a good translation.
- How to avoid jargon and keep the technical terminology consistent
- How to work with abbreviations and names
- How to work with expansion in translation
- Assist you to identify the target audience
- Intention of the text
- Analyze target readership (level of education, cultural background, language register, etc.)
Use for the translation
- Strategies according to the intended use: for information (for internal use), for publication (brochures, manuals, websites), and for size and type of audience, etc.
Required method of presentation
- File format, delivery requirements, special formatting
- Strategies for a proper revision process
- Why is a full revision by a second translator a must?
- Booking Interpreters – required information
- Credentials: International Association of Conference Interpreters (AIIC), Translation Bureau of Canada (PWGSC), Association of Translators and Interpreters of Ontario (ATIO)
- Team Composition: number of interpreters as per AIIC Standards
- Modes of interpreting
- Equipment – Booth – AV
- Room Setup
- Webinar interpreting: simultaneous interpreting via Cloud Platform – KUDO
- Booking Interpreters
- National Standard Guide for Community Interpreting Services NSGCIS – Standards, Code of Ethics.
- Medical Interpreting
- Legal Interpreting
- Credentials: Ontario Council on Community Interpreting (OCCI) – Accredited Community Interpreter ACI
- Training: Language Interpreting Training Program (LITP), Glendon College program
- Tests: CILISAT / ILSAT
- How to work with Interpreters
- Conference calls with consecutive interpreting
Coaching / Consulting Fees Most sessions are facilitated by our Director Lola Bendana or a professional facilitator / coach
Consulting and Coaching services for:
- Translation and Interpreting are available for free to our regular clients and to non-clients for a fee
- Standards, Language Policy, Time Mastery, Accessibility, Procurement and overall Business Coaching, are quoted on a case per case basis